gnomonic in a sentence
- The gnomonic projection is used for charts intended for plotting of great circle routes.
- It supports orthographic, stereographic and gnomonic projections and various tools for constructions on the sphere.
- On the horizontal part of this sundial he presented the oldest gnomonic world map known so far.
- Like the stereographic projection and gnomonic projection, orthographic projection is a distorted, particularly near the edges.
- The gnomonic projection is used in astronomy where the tangent point is centered on the object of interest.
- It's difficult to find gnomonic in a sentence.
- Consequently, a rectilinear photographic lens, which is based on the gnomonic principle, cannot image more than 180 degrees.
- Unfortunately, the shadow of the obelisk does not point precisely in that direction, and its gnomonic function is definitively lost.
- It is not a gnomonic projection, whereby global data expands from the center point of a tangent facet outward to the edges.
- A "'gnomonic projection "'of a portion of the northern hemisphere, centered on the geographic North Pole.
- A natural bijection between the plane ( which meets the sphere at the north pole and the sphere of the projective plane is accomplished by the gnomonic projection.
- An analogy for converting the 4-D 24-cell into its 3-D sculpture is gnomonic ( first projection invented ), and several others.
- Such projections display all great circles as straight lines, resulting in any line segment on a gnomonic map showing the shortest route between the segment's two endpoints.
- Such projections display all great circles as straight lines, resulting in any line segment on a gnomonic map showing a the shortest route between the segment's two endpoints.
- This gnomonic technique also provides a proof that the sum of the first " n " odd numbers is " n " 2; the figure illustrates 64 8 2 . }}
- Indeed, there is a seldom-used map projection, namely the gnomonic projection, where all great circles are shown as straight lines, but in this projection, the distance scale varies very much in different areas.
More: 1 2