gerard nijboer in a sentence
- Gerard Nijboer won the 1979 competition.
- He finished sixth in 2 : 08 : 31, beating by 31 seconds the previous time of 2 : 09 : 01, held by national coach Gerard Nijboer.
- Ferenc Szekeres, Cor Vriend, Sammy Korir, Plonie Scheringa, and Marja Wokke won the Amsterdam Marathon each two times, and Gerard Nijboer won the marathon four times.
- Korir's time was outside his personal best of 2 : 08.02 but improved the course record of 2 : 09.01 set in 1980 by Dutchman Gerard Nijboer.
- Other notable athletes include Nelli Cooman, Ellen van Langen, Ria Stalman, Gerard Nijboer, Rutger Smith, Maria Gommers, Bertha Brouwer, Lien Gisolf, Dafne Schippers and Sifan Hassan.
- It's difficult to find gerard nijboer in a sentence.
- Korir's time was outside his personal best of 2 : 08 : 02, but improved the course record of 2 : 09.01 set in 1980 by Gerard Nijboer of the Netherlands.
- Although Gerard Nijboer from the Netherlands narrowed the gap in the last kilometre, Cierpinski sprinted the last 200 m to win his second consecutive Olympic gold medal and duplicate the feat of legendary Ethiopian Abebe Bikila of winning two straight Olympic marathons.
- The 1980 course record of 2 : 09 : 01 ran by Dutchman Gerard Nijboer could be considered an unofficial world record as the generally recognized record at that time, 2 : 08 : 34 in Antwerp, had been run on a course that was 500 meters short.