gallberry in a sentence
- Howard held membership in the North Carolina Beekeepers'Association, handling gallberry and gum honey in several farms in Cedar Creek and Harnett County, North Carolina.
- They have scattered pond pine ( " Pinus serotina " ) and a dense growth of mostly evergreen shrubs including gallberry ( " Ilex glabra " ).
- Incidentally, just as Schueler was finishing his book, he took a walk and saw the wizened face of a tortoise peering at him through the gallberry bushes, after 15 years of absence.
- In one location, Carter made a grassy savanna with longleaf pines, gallberry holly and muhly grass, a tufted grass with finely textured, dark green leaves that grows 3 to 4 feet high.
- "' Ilex coriacea "', sometimes known as "'large gallberry "', is a shrub in the Holly family native to coastal areas in the United States from Virginia to Texas.
- It's difficult to find gallberry in a sentence.
- Originally referred to as "'Tillman "', the settlement was described as a " small strip of hammock . . . on each side of Turkey Creek . . . mostly pine and palmetto, miserable sandy barren oak scrub, some ponds and interspersed with sawgrass and gallberry ."
- The small fires that would ordinarily clean out the undergrowth of palmetto and gallberry are routinely extinguished by firefighters before they can do so, he said, and " prescriptive fires, " often ordered by forest managers to prevent such build-ups, are banned because the forests'new neighbors see them as smoke-causing nuisances, or threats.