folded mountain in a sentence
- It consists of folded mountains that range from 1500 to 2000 metres in height.
- Paralleling the Mediterranean coast, the Taurus Mountains ( ) are Turkey's second chain of folded mountains.
- He was able to see very clearly the general features that all folded mountain ranges have in common.
- It eventually slammed into the northern land mass, Laurasia, and formed the gigantic folded mountains of the Himalaya.
- Ancient folded mountains formed by the Ouachita orogeny existed in the eastern part of the Metroplex 300 million years ago.
- It's difficult to find folded mountain in a sentence.
- Frequently interspersed throughout the folded mountains, and also situated on the Anatolian Plateau, are well-defined basins, which the Turks call " ova ".
- The active volcanism of Venus has generated chains of folded mountains, rift valleys, and terrain known as " tesserae ", a word meaning " floor tiles " in Greek.
- In addition to the true folded mountains, known as the Poconos in Pennsylvania, and the Allegheny Plateau of southwestern New York, western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio and northern West Virginia.
- Amb閞ieu-en-Bugey reflects the characteristics of Bugey in geological terms : the region is composed of a folded mountain relief, partly karstified, which is the southern extension of the Jura mountains.
- A system of folded mountains, including the Pyrenees dividing Spain from France, the Alps dividing Italy from Central Europe, the Dinaric Alps along the eastern Adriatic, and the Western and Central Europe.
- :: In the case of ( 1 ), Plate tectonics, we knew that some parts of the earth were moving relative to others because we could see earthquakes and folded mountain ridges.
- Stretching inland from the Aegean coastal plain, the Central Anatolia Region occupies the area between the two zones of the folded mountains, extending east to the point where the two ranges converge.
- A system of folded mountains, including the Pyrenees dividing Spain from France, the Alps dividing Italy from Central Europe, the Dinaric Alps along the eastern Adriatic, and the Balkan and Western and Central Europe.
- A central massif composed of uplifted blocks and downfolded troughs, covered by recent deposits and giving the appearance of a plateau with rough terrain, is wedged between two folded mountain ranges that converge in the east.
- The principal conclusion of the Prehistory of the Eastern Cape study is that there appears to be evidence for a stable human population in the Eastern Cape, or at least in the eastern zone of the Cape Folded Mountain Belt, from at least 15, 000 years ago.
More: 1 2