flippases in a sentence
- Scramblases are not members of the general family of transmembrane lipid transporters known as flippases.
- Scramblases are distinct from flippases and floppases.
- Using selective flippases is not the only way to produce asymmetry in lipid bilayers, however.
- Scramblases, flippases, and floppases are three different types of enzymatic groups of phospholipid transportation enzymes.
- Flippases and scramblases concentrate phosphatidyl serine, which carries a negative charge, on the inner membrane.
- It's difficult to find flippases in a sentence.
- There is controversy about the role of this porter and FtsW / RodA which on the basis of an in vitro assay, were thought to be flippases for the same intermediate.
- Flippases are members of a larger family of lipid transport molecules that also includes floppases, which transfer lipids in the opposite direction, and scramblases, which randomize lipid distribution across lipid bilayers ( as in apoptotic cells ).
- Lipid asymmetry arises, at least in part, from the fact that most phospholipids are synthesised and initially inserted into the inner monolayer : those that constitute the outer monolayer are then transported from the inner monolayer by a class of enzymes called flippases.