extended deterrence in a sentence
- On the other hand, situations of extended deterrence often occur when a great power becomes involved.
- "Large parts of the world today enjoy the benefit of the extended deterrence of nuclear weapons powers, " he said.
- Aydin ( 2010 ) makes an important contribution to the extended deterrence literature and economic peace research through his empirical study on the deterrent effect of economic integration.
- Assure / Dissuade / Deter is a mission set derived from the Air Force's readiness to carry out the nuclear strike operations mission as well as from specific actions taken to assure allies as a part of extended deterrence.
- As outlined by Huth, a policy of deterrence can fit into two broad categories being ( i ) preventing an armed attack against a state's own territory ( known as direct deterrence ); or ( ii ) preventing an armed attack against another state ( known as extended deterrence ).
- It's difficult to find extended deterrence in a sentence.
- Rose Gottemoeller, U . S . Acting Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, said in early June 2012 that the United States was considering what forces the United States needed to maintain for strategic stability and deterrence, including extended deterrence and assurance to U . S . Allies and partners.