express definition in a sentence
- Index notation is often the clearest way to express definitions, and is used as standard in the literature.
- It is not to reflect my definition or your definition, but to express definitions found in notable, verifiable, and reliable sources.
- The fact that an express definition of the pre-emptive reach of a statute " implies " i . e . supports a reasonable inference that Congress did not intend to pre-empt other matters does not mean that the express clause entirely forecloses any possibility of implied pre-emption.
- Under a lesser standard, Moskowitz strongly rejected the vagueness argument . " [ T ] he fishing vessel definition here is patently broad on its face, " he wrote . " So broad, in fact, that an ordinary person of reasonable intelligence would think that the " KD II "'s activities would probably be included in the blanket fishing vessel definition rather than exempt from it . . . Commonsense indicates that picking up fish or its parts at sea aids fishing and thereby renders the vessel within the express definition of a'fishing vessel'under [ Magnuson Stevens ] . " He found further that the publication of the SFPA regulations by the NMFS in the " Federal Register " constituted constructive notice to Tai Loong . " A reasonable person in the shark fin business would be aware of the SFPA's application to the " KD II "'s activities ."
- It's difficult to find express definition in a sentence.