escape shaft in a sentence
- They might also connect to an escape shaft.
- Some 200 men and boys made their way to the surface, some through escape shafts, some using the hoisting cage.
- It took three more days for the escape shaft drill to be repaired and to reach the miners with a rescue capsule.
- Schweiker demonstrated his executive mettle in long days of comforting the miners'families, cheering rescuers on at the escape shaft and mastering information for high-profile delivery to the news media.
- In preparation for these possibilities, an airlock was fashioned to go on top of the escape shaft, and on Thursday evening, 10 portable hyperbaric chambers arrived at the drilling site.
- It's difficult to find escape shaft in a sentence.
- The upper-floor includes the operations room, washroom, toilets, first aid room, telephone exchange, and an escape shaft . The main entrance is on this floor, and is defended by two embrasures.
- Concrete was poured down the escape shafts rather than through the tunnel entrances to avoid contamination with the rock leaving the tunnel; these chutes can still be seen in many of the tunnels.
- The escape shaft was not convenient to use, but with the bunker having a good ventilation system and walls several metres of concrete thick, the chances are the shaft would never have be used.
- As it was not safe for rescuers to blast their way through, a special borer was brought in to drill an escape shaft . They were finally released on 9 May after 14 days underground.
- The effectiveness of the escape shafts at the emergency stations is enhanced by having exhaust fans to extract smoke, television cameras to help route passengers to safety, thermal ( infrared ) fire alarm systems, and water spray nozzles.
- Lacking the means to drill an escape shaft, the authorities were forced to requisition a heavy-duty bore from Bremen; the considerable time necessary to ship this device by rail had significantly reduced the chances of a successful rescue.
- As with most, if not all bunkers along the Atlantic Wall, the bunker featured an escape shaft . To escape, the occupants of the bunker would first have to remove a metal door, revealing two rows of steel bars.
- The decision was also made to open both Haw Par Villa stations ( previously Thomson and West Coast ), as a normal stations leaving the Bukit Brown MRT Station closed, and there is only a middle track and emergency escape shaft.
- As the only structures nearby are the former cemeteries in Singapore Bukit Brown Cemetery and the Omar Salmah Mosque, it is just a reserved station meant for future use, and there is an emergency escape shaft for Circle Line Stage 4 & 5.
- The principal works were two 5-mile single-bore tunnels ( including eight escape shafts ) and underground stations at and Electrification of the Great Western Main Line ( GWML ) between Paddington and Airport Junction, where the new line diverged from the GWML, was also required.
More: 1 2