dispirit in a sentence
- Its intention is to dispirit women and make them so uncomfortable that they leave the service.
- Do not dispirit us with any further petty shows of rancor, bitterness, ill temper.
- This policy only served to alienate, dispirit and demoralize these formerly ardent supporters of the Nationalist movement.
- But the blackout rule, which dispirits Oakland fans, will hurt the Patriots if they fail to sell out.
- Work may be good for the soul, but too much of it wears out our bodies and dispirits our minds.
- It's difficult to find dispirit in a sentence.
- If the ransom is paid by a government withdrawing its troops, the terrorist diplomatic victory dispirits the rest of the coalition.
- At first it did not dispirit the team, and a secret ballot was held to decide which climbers should make the first summit attempt.
- Even if it were not to encourage slothfulness and apathy, television's mindlessness kills time, dispirits creativity and annoys, all at the same time.
- Perhaps in understatement, perhaps not to dispirit " through hikers, " it did not give the distance to Georgia, which is perhaps 1, 500-plus miles.
- Three knee surgeries in the past year did not stop her, just as a training regimen of eight-hour days on skis as a teen-ager did not dispirit her.
- "That may in fact dispirit Republican partisans a little bit, and depress their vote, " said a campaign consultant working for Republican candidates in both houses of the Legislature.
- "You can embolden an enemy by sending a mixed message, " Bush told reporters, without mentioning Kerry by name . " You can dispirit the Iraqi people by sending mixed messages.
- In 2010, the band announced that it had split in November 2009 . In the wake of the band's demise, John Gossard has formed a new funeral doom band, Dispirit.
- In an announcement that surprised semiconductor industry analysts and threatened to dispirit investors, the Intel Corp . said Thursday that it would not meet its expectations for sales or profit margins for its second quarter.
- "The showing of this film after our good game with Yugoslavia and the upcoming game against the United States, is nothing but an effort to dispirit our players, " said Farahani.
More: 1 2