dispilio tablet in a sentence
- The Dispilio Tablet of the late 6th millennium is similar.
- The Dispilio Tablet ( Greece ) and Trtria tablets ( Romania ), which have been carbon dated to the 6th millennium BC, are recent discoveries of the earliest known neolithic writings.
- A number of items were found, including ceramics, wooden structural elements, seeds, bones, figurines, personal ornaments, flutes and what appears to be the most significant finding, the inscribed Dispilio Tablet.
- Lakeside attractions include, apart from the Byzantine architectural heritage of the town, an 11th-century Byzantine monastery of Panagia Mavriotissa and the reconstructed prehistoric settlement of Dispilio, where the Dispilio Tablet was retrieved from the lake in 1992.
- To date, more than a thousand fragments with similar inscriptions have been found on various archaeological sites throughout south-eastern Europe, notably in Greece ( Dispilio Tablet ), Bulgaria, Romania, eastern Hungary, Moldova, and southern Ukraine.
- It's difficult to find dispilio tablet in a sentence.
- The "'Dispilio tablet "'is a wooden tablet bearing inscribed markings, unearthed during George Hourmouziadis's excavations of Dispilio in Greece and carbon 14-dated to 5260 ?40 BC . It was discovered in 1993 in a Neolithic lakeshore settlement that occupied an artificial island near the modern village of Dispilio on Lake Kastoria in Kastoria, Greece.