dextral shear in a sentence
- Dextral shear criteria can be found in all of its formations.
- The spatial arrangement of the lodes and gashes hints at a transtensional, dextral shear zone oriented NW-SE.
- The Walker Lane deformation belt accommodates nearly 12 mm / yr of dextral shear between the Sierra Nevada-Great Valley Block and North America.
- On left-laterally sheared, sigmoidal porphyroblasts of biotite dextral shear bands are superimposed on; additionally retrograde chlorite formed in these late shear bands.
- This indicates that the plate motion is dominated by the dextral shear inside the Indo-Australian Plate in the order of 3.6 4.9 cm / yr.
- It's difficult to find dextral shear in a sentence.
- The southern Armorican Massif shows a rather similar spatial organisation in the eastern Vend閑; here dextral shear zones in dekakilometric spacing and the intervening far less deformed synclinoria follow the same trend.
- Lake Tahoe is the youngest of several extensional basins of the Walker Lane deformation zone that accommodates nearly 12 mm / yr of dextral shear between the Sierra Nevada-Great Valley Block and North America.
- The mylonites within and near the lode implicate tectonic movements during the emplacement of the lode, most likely shearing due to " bookshelving " ( if one assumes an overall dextral shear zone oriented Northwest-Southeast, which not only affected the country rocks but also the granodiorite)