commissariat of enlightenment in a sentence
- From 1918 to 1920 he was the Head of the Department of Fine Arts ( IZO ) of the People's Commissariat of Enlightenment ( NARKOMPROS ).
- As with the agit-trains, the " Red Star " included among its most active participants leaders from the highest levels of the Lenin's wife, Nadezhda Krupskaya, a top official in the People's Commissariat of Enlightenment.
- Anatoly Lunacharsky was tapped as the first head of the People's Commissariat of Enlightenment ( successor to the Russian Ministry of Public Education ), Lenin directly suggested to him that his own wife, Nadezhda Krupskaya, and Pokrovsky should be included as prime organizers with Lunacharsky of the new government body.
- Piotrovsky also became a pupil and disciple of the theatre director Vsevolod Meyerhold, and for a while worked with Meyerhold in the Theatrical department of Narkompros ( the Commissariat of Enlightenment under the leadership of Anatoly Lunacharsky ), teaching classes in Meyerhold s " Courses in the Mastery of Staging "; but by the 1920s he had distanced himself from Meyerhold's theatre.
- Pokrovsky was neither a Bolshevik nor a Menshevik for nearly a decade prior to the October Revolution of 1917, instead living in European exile as an independent radical close to philosopher Alexander Bogdanov . Following the Bolshevik seizure of power, Pokrovsky rejoined the Bolshevik Party and moved to Moscow, where he became the deputy chief of the Soviet government's new department of education, the People's Commissariat of Enlightenment.
- It's difficult to find commissariat of enlightenment in a sentence.