charter colony in a sentence
- Specifically, British colonization of North America was by charter colony or proprietary colony.
- Although it had features of a charter colony the territory's treaties and charter gave it protectorate status.
- Most of the new English colonies established in North America and the West Indies, whether successfully or otherwise, were charter colonies.
- Although under the BSAC charter it had features of a charter colony, the BSAC's treaties with local rulers and British legislation gave it the status of a protectorate.
- By the year 1663 the French crown had taken over control of New France from the fur-trading companies, and the English charter colonies gave way to more metropolitan control.
- It's difficult to find charter colony in a sentence.