cardioselective in a sentence
- AH-1058 is a cardioselective L-type calcium channel blocker.
- Their mechanism is similar to drugs such as verapamil, although taxines are more cardioselective.
- Cardioselective beta-blockers, however, appear safe in those with mild or moderate disease.
- Off-label uses of atenolol, as with other cardioselective ?-blockers, include symptomatic treatment of psychological issues such as anxiety . ?-blockers are effective for some in treating the somatic ( physical ) effects of anxiety.
- For this reason, beta blockers that selectively block ?1 adrenergic receptors ( termed cardioselective or ?1-selective beta blockers ) produce fewer adverse effects ( for instance, bronchoconstriction ) than those drugs that non-selectively block both ?1 and ?2 receptors.
- It's difficult to find cardioselective in a sentence.
- Adverse effects associated with ? 2-adrenergic receptor antagonist activity ( bronchospasm, peripheral vasoconstriction, alteration of glucose and lipid metabolism ) are less common with ? 1-selective ( often termed " cardioselective " ) agents, but receptor selectivity diminishes at higher doses.