canon of the bible in a sentence
- They are not accepted in the canon of the Bible as we read it today.
- Both the Ethiopian and Eritrean Orthodox churches profess their own distinct religious customs, a unique canon of the Bible and unique architectures.
- Most Protestants rejected the idea of purgatory, as never clearly mentioned in Luther's canon of the Bible, which excludes the Deuterocanonical books.
- :* "'We must respect the integrity of the canon of the Bible as given to us in the Church's Tradition . "'
- Two general epistles in the New Testament are ascribed to Peter, but modern scholars reject the apocryphal, and are thus not included in the canon of the Bible.
- It's difficult to find canon of the bible in a sentence.
- A strong Cessationist might concede that prophecies might be useful in the guidance of the Church, but that this supernatural guidance ceased at the completion of the canon of the Bible.
- In his catechism ( entitled " Explanation of the Apostles'Creed " ) ( 1533 ), Erasmus took a stand against Luther's teaching by asserting the unwritten Sacred Tradition as just as valid a source of revelation as the Bible, by enumerating the Deuterocanonical books in the canon of the Bible and by acknowledging seven sacraments.
- By the mid-1840s, many non-Mormons in Hancock County felt threatened by growing Mormon political power, commercial rivalries, and a new religion with at least two elements that were hard to digest in the religious community of that time : first, Latter Day Saints had a somewhat different perspective on the nature of God from traditional Protestants; second, the claim of modern revelation, together with the claim of new scripture, opened the canon of the Bible.