boojums in a sentence
- Wikipedia cannot continue with roving squads of enforcers nosing about looking for boojums behind every edit.
- The Bellman warns them that some Snarks are highly dangerous Boojums, causing the Baker to faint.
- On every visit to Boyce Thompson, I make a pilgrimage to see the two 40-foot boojums.
- In addition to introducing Aleph numbers the authors cite Lewis Carrol s " The Hunting of the Snark ", where instructions are given to avoid boojums when snark hunting.
- The plural of the term is " boojums ", a word initially disliked by Mermin ( who at first used " booja " ) but one which is defined unambiguously by Carroll in his poem.
- It's difficult to find boojums in a sentence.
- In the " Star Trek II " novelization, one of the characters discusses a computer game he has written, named " Boojum Hunt . " In " Barbary ", a character refers to a computer game named " Snarks and Boojums . " Both are references to Lewis Carroll's poem " The Hunting of the Snark ".
- In that sort of context, I don't see why it would necessarily be original research, but anyone using such material would have to cite and attribute its conclusions ( " reading the Bible makes you more violent " according to Foo's research, or " reading all the violence in the Bible is cathartic and makes you less violent " according to Snark's article in " Psychological Boojums " ), rather than drawing inferences of their own from it.