boat hook in a sentence
- The shark was finally driven away by a sailor with a boat hook.
- National Archives : 139 . " First flag on Guam on boat hook mast.
- A small crowd gathered, some armed with boat hooks.
- According to another sailor, LoPresti improvised a weapon by lashing a sheath knife to a boat hook.
- Codispoti pushed the closest one away with a boat hook as larger chunks drifted toward the line.
- It's difficult to find boat hook in a sentence.
- Obverse : Instead of swimmers the central part consists of a crossed boat hook and oar forming quadrants.
- While filming his death scene, Harrison Ford hit him with a boat hook, giving him a permanent scar.
- In Royal Navy, during ceremonial occasions the Ceremonial Boat Hook Drill must be performed during berthing and unberthing.
- Using a 10-foot-long tool called a " boat hook ", Newman tugged free a guidance antenna on the Russian module.
- The boat hooks refer to boatmen on the Rhine, but it is unknown what the stars are meant to stand for.
- Soldiers patrolled the water in boats, armed with boat hooks, spears, lances and axes, pushing down anyone who managed to surface alive.
- "Gaffe " is of French origin, originally a'boat hook'as in'gaff rig'where the relation is apparent, but the sense association to a blundering remark is obscure.
- Ross poked at the antenna, which was coiled like a tape measure, more than a dozen times with the boat hook before it sprung free.
- A flag on a boat hook protruding through a ventilator which had been left open was used to indicate that the signal had been heard.
- They reached the ice pack but were able to work their way through it by pushing bits of berg out of the way with a boat hook.
More: 1 2