blind bombing in a sentence
- The beacon system was widely used in the post-war era for blind bombing systems.
- November 17 prefers execution-style shootings, car bombings and missile attacks against specific targets rather than blind bombings aimed at the general public.
- Despite this, poor weather meant that the 44 B-29s which reached the target area had to use blind bombing techniques and their attacks caused little damage.
- Blind bombing accuracy on the order of was expected, and the weapons were sized to ensure even the hardest targets would be destroyed as long as the weapon fell within this range.
- Although daylight bombing against targets within Germany itself still incurred too many casualties closer targets could be attacked by day with fighter escorts . 3 Group carried out blind bombing techniques by day using G-H.
- It's difficult to find blind bombing in a sentence.
- Its Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress and Consolidated B-24 Liberator aircraft were equipped with first generation radar to guide other bombardment groups to targets obscured by cloud cover over Occupied Europe and Nazi Germany ( " blind bombing " ).
- *1942 ( overnight ) A de Havilland Mosquito of Royal Air Force Bomber Command uses the Oboe blind bombing targeting system operationally for the first time in a raid against a power station at Lutterade in the Netherlands
- During the allied advance across France, the Pathfinder group, due to the persistence of Vice Marshall Bennett, expanded its brief to perform short notice raids, such as the blind bombing using Oboe of the road from Falaise on 19 August 1944.