be at dinner in a sentence
- The most significant growth on the dining scene appears to be at dinner rather than lunch.
- He may be at dinner with friends or asleep at home when he is called to a scene to help family or friends of the victim, or the firefighters and paramedics.
- "It used to be at dinner parties I had to explain to people what aquaculture is, " said Tom Royal, president of Atlantic Salmon of Maine, which also employs Des Fitzgerald.
- The Duke would be at dinner . / Make a short shrift; he longs to see your head . " ( 3.4 . 94-5 ) The idea of Hastings'head as a sort of human hors d'oeuvre, garnished with strawberries, is horrible but apt . ( The Duchess of Malfi, put to death on her brothers'orders, ends her life with the words " Go tell my brothers, when I am laid out, / They then may feed in quiet . " ) In the same way, it's revealing that the Richard of the later scenes has gone off his food.
- It's difficult to find be at dinner in a sentence.