bathypterois in a sentence
- The tripodfish ( " Bathypterois grallator " ) has long, bony rays that protrude below its tail fin and both pectoral fins.
- The tripodfish is closely related to the spider fish " Bathypterois longifilis ", which is similar in appearances and habits but is smaller and has much shorter fin extensions.
- A number of species, especially in the genus " Bathypterois ", have elongated lens; in either case they have very poor vision and are unable to form an image.
- The "'Mediterranean spiderfish "', " Bathypterois dubius ", a family Ipnopidae, is found in the Eastern Atlantic, as well as the Mediterranean and northwest Atlantic.
- ""'Ipnops " "'is a genus of deep-sea fish in the family Ipnopidae, which also includes the better-known tripodfish ( " Bathypterois grallator " ) . " Ipnops " are small, slender fish that live close to the ocean floor in the bathyal and abyssal zones.
- It's difficult to find bathypterois in a sentence.