bathymetric charts in a sentence
- A bathymetric chart does show marine topology accurately.
- A general bathymetric chart was completed in 2006.
- Bathymetric charts are designed to present accurate, measurable description and visual presentation of the submerged terrain.
- In an ideal case, the joining of a bathymetric chart and topographic map of the same datum.
- A "'bathymetric chart "'is the submerged equivalent of an above-water topographic map.
- It's difficult to find bathymetric charts in a sentence.
- Moore ( 1964 ) was the first geologist to interpret such features depicted on a United States Navy bathymetric chart.
- Thus the topographic map's mountains have the greatest values while the bathymetric chart's greatest depths have the greatest values.
- The topographic data supplied by the General Bathymetric Chart of the Oceans ( GEBCO ), however, shows a sea depth of.
- The mapping of the sea floor started by using isobaths and early bathymetric charts of shelf topography provided the first insight into seafloor morphology.
- Simply put, the bathymetric chart is intended to show the land if overlying waters were removed in exactly the same manner as the topographic map.
- Jeanne d'Arc " on out-dated bathymetric charts and which was once thought to represent a local exposure of basement rocks similar to the Virgin Rocks.
- He undertakes pre and post Hydrographic Surveys for dredging requirements and has a data bank of over 1150 bathymetric charts, which are made available to the users on payment.
- They are used at a variety of scales, from large-scale engineering drawings and architectural plans, through topographic maps and bathymetric charts, up to continental-scale maps.
- The " Hillary Canyon ", an undersea feature in the Ross Sea appears on the General Bathymetric Chart of the Oceans, which is published by the International Hydrographic Organization.
- The name was changed to " Von Drygalski " in November 1995, in agreement with the General Bathymetric Chart of the Oceans Sub-Committee on Undersea Feature Names, but was changed back to Drygalski Basin by ACUF in June 2003.
More: 1 2