balmis expedition in a sentence
- The Balmis Expedition arrived in Lima on May 23, 1806.
- The Balmis expedition set off from A Coru馻 on 30 November 1803.
- At the beginning of the 19th century, the Balmis Expedition ( 1803 ) to administer the smallpox vaccine throughout the Spanish colonies was a public health undertaking of unprecedented geographical scope.
- In 1803, Spanish doctor Francisco Javier Balmis started a vaccination program against smallpox in New Spain, better known as Balmis Expedition, which reduced the severity and mortality in the epidemics that followed.
- The "'Balmis Expedition "'( 1803 1806 ) was a three-year mission to the Americas led by Dr . Francisco Javier de Balmis with the aim of vaccinating millions against smallpox.
- It's difficult to find balmis expedition in a sentence.
- On August 2, 1805, 22 Brazilian slaves had been vaccinated there and sent as living carriers of the vaccine to northern Argentina, Paraguay, Chile and Peru . ( The Balmis expedition used Spanish orphans for the same purpose . ) Abascal ordered mass vaccinations in Lima, but without much success.
- The success of his discovery soon spread around Europe and was used " en masse " in the Spanish Balmis Expedition, a three-year-long mission to the Americas, the Philippines, Macao, China, led by Dr . Francisco Javier de Balmis with the aim of giving thousands the smallpox vaccine.