balmhorn in a sentence
- It lies east of Gemmi Pass on the chain culminating at the Balmhorn.
- It is situated in the Balmhorn massif, approximately halfway between Kandersteg and Leukerbad.
- It lies south of the Balmhorn and overlooks the L鰐schen Pass on its north side.
- Walker's sister Lucy also attained some notable firsts during the period, including the first ascent of the Balmhorn ( 1864 ), and later several first female ascents.
- To the east, the Daubenhorn at above sea level; to the north the Gemmi Pass ( ) and the Balmhorn ( ); to the west the Torrenthorn ( ).
- It's difficult to find balmhorn in a sentence.
- The Balmhorn ( ), bordering the canton of Valais to the south, is the highest in the valley; it is followed by the Bl黣mlisalp ( ), east of the village.
- Early successes included the first ascent of the Balmhorn ( 1864 ), and the first female ascent of the Eiger ( 1864 ), Wetterhorn ( 1866 ), Lyskamm ( 1868 ) and Piz Bernina ( 1869 ).
- The L鰐schen Pass itself is the lowest point ( 2, 676 m ) on the crest between the Balmhorn to the west and the high range west of the Jungfrau to the east, making up the water divide between the Rhine ( north ) and the Rhone ( south ).