axile placentation in a sentence
- The flowers are perfect, ovary is superior and bicarpellated, with axile placentation.
- Each locule of the superior ovary has 2 ovules with axile placentation that are anatropous to campylotropous.
- Gesneriaceae have traditionally been separated from Scrophulariaceae by having a unilocular rather than bilocular ovary, with parietal rather than axile placentation.
- "' Gynoecium "'- Carples 5, syncarpous, ovary superior, penta or multilocular with axile placentation, one ovule in each locule; style 1, passing through the staminal tube; stigma globular, correspond to the number of carples.
- Embryos may be described by a number of terms including "'Linear "'( embryos have axile placentation and are longer than broad ), or "'rudimentary "'( embryos are basal in which the embryo is tiny in relation to the endosperm ).
- It's difficult to find axile placentation in a sentence.
- "Hasseltia " is unique among Salicaceae in that the species have pseudo-axile placentation, compound umbellate inflorescences, and a pair of glands embedded in the base of the leaf blades . " Hasseltia " is now classified in Salicaceae, along with close relatives " Pleuranthodendron " and " Macrothumia ", with which they are commonly confused.
- Maheshwari and Johri ( 1956 ) conducted an extensive investigation of the morphology of " Floerkea " noting that, among other things, the herbaceous habit, gynobasic style, unusual type of tetrasporic embryo sac and basal parietal placentation of the unitegmic, tenuinucellate ovules differ from the Geraniales which has among its woody to herbaceous members, ( at most ) lobed syncarpous gynoecia, monosporic embryo sacs, generally axile placentation and bitegmic, crassinucellate ovules.