axe man in a sentence
- The actual axe man at the first chain-reaction was Norman Hilberry.
- This living site of the hand-axe man, was discovered in 1928.
- An old comrade of Istvan, he leads a mercenary troop of Carrodian Axe men, a form of heavy infantry.
- Scram is usually cited as being an acronym for "'safety control rod axe man "'; however, the term is probably a backronym.
- Norman " Tex " has been playing the saxophone all night with great intensity, and Philo is enjoying a night of popularity thanks to " The Axe Man ".
- It's difficult to find axe man in a sentence.
- Society wishes to avoid the second scenario, so courts and prosecutors may view even the first with suspicion : Were there reliable witnesses to the threat by Axe Man?
- "Ax Men " aired in the United Kingdom on the local variant of the Channel 5, where the title was changed to " Axe Men ".
- At a mental competency hearing in January 2012, it was revealed that Ntshongwana, now known as " The Axe Man ", was mentally ill, suffering from schizoaffective disorder.
- Beeching was unrepentant about his role in the closures : " I suppose I'll always be looked upon as the axe man, but it was surgery, not mad chopping ".
- For his part, Beeching was unrepentant about his role in the closures : " I suppose I'll always be looked upon as the axe man, but it was surgery, not mad chopping ."
- By the time Philo approaches Aldrick, Aldrick is fed up with the gossip about the Indian and the bike, however, Philo simply invites Aldrick for a drink so that he can listen to the new calypso he will be singing that year, " The Axe Man ".
- Due for release on 1 January 2011, the album tentatively titled Mortuus Machina will feature guest appearances from vocalist Christian 膌vestam ( ex Scar Symmetry, Miseration ), vocalist Tommy Tuovinen ( myGRAIN ), as well as guest guitar solos from Nightrage axe men Marios Iliopoulos and Olof M鰎ck.
- Articles from Oak Ridge National Laboratory ( ORNL ) indicate that the term stands for " safety cut rope axe man ", referring in that case to the early neutronic safety mechanism of using a person equipped with an axe to cut the rope suspending the control rods over the Chicago Pile nuclear reactor, at which point the rods would fall by gravity into the reactor core, shutting the reactor down.
- The term is usually cited as being an acronym for "'safety control rod axe man "', which was supposedly coined by Enrico Fermi when the world's first nuclear reactor was built under the spectator seating at the University of Chicago's Stagg Field, but Mechanism ", both of which are probably backronyms . " Scram " is American English slang for leaving quickly and urgently, which has been cited as the original basis for the use of scram in the technical context.
- When I showed up on the balcony on that December 2, 1942 afternoon, I was ushered to the balcony rail, handed a well sharpened fireman's axe and told, " if the safety rods fail to operate, cut that manila rope . " The safety rods, needless to say, worked, the rope was not cut . . . I don't believe I have ever felt quite as foolish as I did then . . . . I did not get the SCRAM [ Safety Control Rod Axe Man ] story until many years after the fact.
More: 1 2