area meter in a sentence
- The first variable area meter with rotating float was invented by Karl Kueppers in Aachen in 1908.
- Also, in some areas meters have relays for demand response load shedding during peak load periods.
- It belongs to a class of meters called variable area meters, which measure flow rate by allowing the cross-sectional area the fluid travels through, to vary, causing a measurable effect.
- Its products include thermal mass flow controllers / meters, Coriolis mass flow controllers / meters, variable area meters ( aka rotameters ), level products, direct liquid injection systems, and more.
- A "'variable area meter "'is a meter that measures fluid flow by allowing the cross sectional area of the device to vary in response to the flow, causing some measurable effect that indicates the rate.
- It's difficult to find area meter in a sentence.
- LI-COR also manufactures light sensors, leaf area meters, and plant canopy analyzers, all of which are used to make fundamental measurements in disciplines including plant physiology, climate change, agronomy ( forestry and agriculture ), and other areas of the natural sciences.
- A rotameter is an example of a variable area meter, where a weighted " float " rises in a tapered tube as the flow rate increases; the float stops rising when area between float and tube is large enough that the weight of the float is balanced by the drag of fluid flow.