alivardi khan in a sentence
- Alivardi Khan also founded the " Afshar Dynasty ".
- The enraged Alivardi Khan then dismissed the shamed Mir Jafar.
- Rustam Jung marched against Alivardi Khan but he was defeated.
- Alivardi Khan then proclaimed himself as next Nawab of Bengal.
- This feat is ascribed by some to Nawab Alivardi Khan.
- It's difficult to find alivardi khan in a sentence.
- Alivardi Khan wished to be buried in his much-loved garden, Khushbagh.
- Sarfaraz Khan was defeated and killed in the Battle of Giria by Alivardi Khan.
- In 1743, Raghoji Bhonsle attacked Alivardi Khan's forces in Bengal and Bihar.
- Alivardi Khan was not a popular ruler.
- Alivardi Khan unable to check the raids ceded Odisha to Raghoji Bhonsle I in 1751.
- He renamed Calcutta Alinagar after the previous Nawab, and his maternal grandfather, Alivardi Khan.
- Alivardi Khan became Nawab of Bengal in April 1740, after defeating and killing Sarfraz Khan.
- Nawab Alivardi Khan showed military skill during his wars with the Marathas when they first invaded Bengal.
- After capturing Kolkata, Siraj ud-Daula named it Alinagar, after his grandfather Alivardi Khan.
- The rebel army was being led by Alivardi Khan with Nandalal and Nawazish Muhammad Khan as his deputys.