acheson process in a sentence
- The first light emitting diodes were produced using silicon carbide from the Acheson process.
- In the manufacture of synthetic graphite, the Acheson process is run for approximately 20 hours, with currents of 200 MW ).
- Silicon carbide was a useful material in jewelry making due to its abrasive properties, and this was the first commercial application of the Acheson process.
- In 1893, after Eugene's death, Maybery questioned a presentation that to him indicated the Cowles patents were infringed by the Edward Acheson ( Acheson process ).
- Born in Washington, Pennsylvania, he was the inventor of the Acheson process, which is still used to make Silicon carbide ( carborundum ) and later a manufacturer of carborundum and graphite.
- It's difficult to find acheson process in a sentence.
- The first commercial plant using the Acheson process was built by Acheson in Niagara Falls, New York, where hydroelectric plants nearby could cheaply produce the necessary power for the energy intensive process.
- The potential use of silicon carbide as a semiconductor led to the development of the Lely process, which was based on the Acheson process, but allowed control over the purity of the silicon carbide crystals.