a chose in action in a sentence
- There is no dispute that a charge over such a chose in action can validly be granted to a third party.
- The depositor's right to claim payment of his deposit is a chose in action which the law has always recognised as property.
- The amount of that balance represented a debt due from the bank to Mr . Murphy, that is to say a chose in action.
- It was argued by the defence that Section 4 of the Theft Act 1968 did not define a class of intangible property beyond a chose in action, and therefore information " per se " was not protected by the Theft Act 1968.
- "For the avoidance of doubt, it is hereby declared that a person ('the first person') is able to create, and always has been able to create, in favour of another person ('the second person') a legal or equitable charge or mortgage over all or any of the first person's interest in a chose in action enforceable by the first person against the second person, and any charge or mortgage so created shall operate neither to merge the interest thereby created with, nor to extinguish or release, that chose in action ."
- It's difficult to find a chose in action in a sentence.
- He held that the effect of the word " avoided " in section 64 of the Bills of Exchange Act 1882 was that, subject to the qualifications therein, a cheque or banker's draft which had been materially altered by the fraud of a third party was no longer a cheque or draft representing a chose in action but a worthless piece of paper, and no action for damages in conversion for its face value could therefore be brought by a party, such as the claimants, who, but for the material alteration, would have had contractual rights based upon it.