motor in Chinese
[ 'məutə ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "motor"Synonyms of "motor""motor" in a sentence"motor" meaning
past tense: motored past participle: motored plural: motors present participle: motoring
- What is the power delivered to the motor ?
- Henry fixed the motor which had cut out .
- The whine of the motors jangled her nerves .
- He is buying up shares in general motors .
- He gunned his motor at the stoplight .
- The motor show is usually held in october .
- Oxford has been ruined by the motor industry .
- Marked sensory and motor changes are noted .
- The engine is being cranked with the starting motor .
- The motor car has been with us for almost a century .
- causing or able to cause motion; "a motive force"; "motive power"; "motor energy"
- conveying information to the muscles from the CNS; "motor nerves"
Synonyms: centrifugal, Verb
- travel or be transported in a vehicle; "We drove to the university every morning"; "They motored to London for the theater"
Synonyms: drive, Noun
- machine that converts other forms of energy into mechanical energy and so imparts motion
- a nonspecific agent that imparts motion; "happiness is the aim of all men and the motor of all action"