meter in Chinese
[ 'mi:tə ] Pronunciation:How to pronounce "meter"Use "meter" in a sentence
- He cut off a meter of cloth from the roll .
- Space out the posts three meters apart .
- The front panel houses a bridge-current meter .
- Each telescope would be 100 meters in diameter .
- Visibility was down to 100 meters in the fog .
- The sample is metered into a container of some sort .
- Propeller meters introduce small pressure losses .
- The corridor is 2 meters in the clear .
- It is a highway ten meters wide .
- She measured off two meters of cloth .
- any of various measuring instruments for measuring a quantity
- rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
Synonyms: metre, time,
- (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
Synonyms: metre, measure, beat, cadence,
- the basic unit of length adopted under the Systeme International d''Unites (approximately 1.094 yards)
Synonyms: metre, m, Verb
- measure with a meter; "meter the flow of water"
- stamp with a meter indicating the postage; "meter the mail"