metal in Chinese
[ 'metl ] Pronunciation:
How to pronounce "metal"Use "metal" in a sentence
past tense: metaled past participle: metaled plural: metals present participle: metaling
- This process produces corrosion of metals .
- An oven thermometer uses a metal strip .
- Electrons in a metal come out of the surface .
- Cadmium is a good metal for this purpose .
- Overheated metals may cast badly .
- Metal sleeves fastened around their stems .
- This makes a three-ply metal .
- Another effect of coldness appears in metal .
- Metal type has been replaced by photocomposition .
- Lead is one of the softer metals .
- containing or made of or resembling or characteristic of a metal; "a metallic compound"; "metallic luster"; "the strange metallic note of the meadow lark, suggesting the clash of vibrant blades"- Ambrose Bierce
Synonyms: metallic, Verb
- cover with metal
- a mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten; "brass is an alloy of zinc and copper"
- any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
Synonyms: metallic element,
"metakirschheimerite" in Chinese, "metakliny" in Chinese, "metaknowledge" in Chinese, "metakoenenite" in Chinese, "metakupferuranit" in Chinese, "metal - aluminum production operator" in Chinese, "metal - assembly line worker" in Chinese, "metal - aviation design technician" in Chinese, "metal - brushed" in Chinese,