- Xanthoma of the eyelids; occurs chiefly in the elderly
Derived forms: xanthelasmas
Type of: xanthoma
n : xanthoma of the eyelid
- xanthelasma palpebrarum: [Medicine] n : XAN ...
- A xanthelasma or corneal arcus may also be seen.
- The Xanthelasma are best treated by treating the blood fat problem through diet, exercise and medications.
- When the Lipoproteins get deposited in the skin, they cause Xanthelasma, which looks like yellowish bumps.
- "' Syringomas "'are harmless eccrine milia, hidrocystoma, trichoepithelioma, and xanthelasma.
- A xanthelasma is a sharply demarcated yellowish collection of cholesterol underneath the skin, usually on or around the eyelids.