Noun: wrist rist
- A joint between the distal end of the radius and the proximal row of carpal bones
- carpus, wrist joint, radiocarpal joint, articulatio radiocarpea
Derived forms: wrists
Part of: arm
A set of rotary joints to which the end effector of a robot is attached. Also known as wrist socket.
The region of the upper limb between the metacarpus and the FOREARM. n : the joint or the region of the joint between the human hand and the arm or a corresponding part on a lower animal
- he scratched the stump of his wrist nervously.
- she looked down at her wrist solemnly.
- i lapped a bandage around the wrist.
- arthritis distorted his wrists.
- he then took me by the wrist with a sharp pressure.