with child meaning
Adjective: with child withchIld
- In an advanced stage of pregnancy
"was big with child"; "was great with child"
- big, enceinte, expectant, gravid, great, large, heavy
See also: pregnant
Euph. pregnant. (Biblical. Typically: be ~; get a woman ~.)
The first thing he did after he got married was to get his wife with child.
She deliberately set out to get herself with child, as they say.
- she has gone six months with child.
- she is ( heavy ) with child again.
- she is heavy with child again.
- she is big with child again.
- you had a love affair all summer and got this girl with child and now i suppose you'll sneak off.