wave motion meaning
1. Undulatory movement
2. Motion in waves, or according to the same laws
- the wave motion bears the key signature imparted by the nature and extent of the source.
- the nature of the wave motion in sound can be made clear by considering the tuning fork.
- the compressibility of the chamber gases or feed line liquids allow for the existence of wave motions.
- the simplest form of wave motion consists of the combination of a transverse simple harmonic vibration and a uniform translation.
- the group velocity(u) corresponds to the net result from the addition of all elements with different periods and different velocities within the wave motion.