wave length meaning
The horizontal distance between successive wave crests measured perpendicular to the crest, usually expressed in feet.
See also crest; wave; wave crest.
(JP 4-01.6) wave-off
- the light is dispersed into its component wave lengths.
- the spectrum is just an image of the star in various wave lengths.
- the absorption is most effective for the shorter wave length rays.
- each band represents a deviation of one half wave length of the applied light.
- absorptivity, reflectivity and transmissivity depend upon the wave length of the radiant energy striking the surface and also upon the temperature of the surface.