wave function meaning
- noun (physics)
A mathematical equation representing the space and time variations in amplitude for a wave system
A point function in a wave equation, specifying wave amplitude.
- the molecular electronic wave function is perturbed.
- these wave functions correspond to states of constant energy e.
- we now show how to calculate molecular dipole moments from wave function.
- the angular part of a continuum wave function is, of course, a spherical harmonic.
- let us examine them from the stand point of proper behavior of the wave function.