wave equation meaning
- Noun: wave equation weyv i'kweyzhun
- A differential equation that describes the passage of harmonic waves through a medium
Derived forms: wave equations
Type of: differential equation
Encyclopedia: Wave equation
- More: Next
- thus what is now called the wave equation in one spatial dimension appears for the first time.
- alternatively, one may utilize the wave equation and appropriate boundary conditions to yield a specific solution.
- it should be possible, however, to extract this information from the wave equation since the behavior of the particle is completely specified by it.
- explicit solutions of regularized long wave equation
- life span of the classical solutions to wave equation