wave down meaning
- wave down sth/sb • wave sth/sb down to make a vehicle stop by waving your arms at the driver:
▪ Yuko managed to wave down a taxi and asked to be taken to Shibuya station.
▪ The officer stepped out into the street, and raised his hand to wave the driver down.
■ SIMILAR TO: flag down
- s wave: [Medicine] n : the ...
- t wave: [Medicine] n : the ...
- wave: Noun: wave &n ...
- electromagnetic energy waves down deep earth
- She also had the Princess Di wrist wave down to a science.
- Others managed to wave down help from passing emergency officials.
- It was like a highspeed wave down the main straightaway.
- Their main guns fired back, sending a concussion wave down the street.