wagon tire meaning
- Noun: wagon tire
Usage: N. Amer
- A metal hoop forming the tread of a wheel
Derived forms: wagon tires
- More: Next
- Wagontire Mountain was named for the fact passersby reported seeing an old wagon tire left upon the mountain.
- A close friend, William Reynolds, unloaded an old iron wagon tire he had found on the trail.
- The train continued to Wagontire Mountain, a name it later received when early settlers found a wagon tire there.
- At the time of the incident of the finding of the wagon tire by the railroad people the Reynolds family as well as the Winter's family were stirred with emotion.
- Later a monument was built with the wagon tire still there as part of the marker with REBECCA WINTERS, the well-chiseled letters made by William Fletcher Reynolds, as plain as ever.