A picture giving a three-dimensional effect when looked at through special spectacles
A graphic three-dimensional representation of a scene composed of superimposed images photographed through polarizing filters of different orientation, and reconstructed by a similar viewing technique.
- vectograph method of stereoscopic viewing
- Instructional use was made of projected vectograph slides illustrating three-dimensional coordinate systems.
- Credit for the concept of the vectograph is due to Joseph Mahler, cousin of famed composer and conductor Gustav Mahler.
- Color vectograph printing service for digital image files was offered to the public, but it was expensive and little-used.
- An elementary vectograph is a polarizing filter sheet that encodes a photographic image as areas which polarize light more or less strongly, corresponding to the darker and lighter areas of the image.