unnecessary surgery meaning
Diagnostic,therapeutic,and investigative procedures prescribed and performed by health professionals,the results of which do not justify the benefits or hazards and costs to the patient.
- His current insurer sees the operations as unnecessary surgery.
- Regulators there were seeking information about possible unnecessary surgeries by two heart doctors.
- Boy's life ruined by unnecessary surgery says writ
- Other outraged users compared the scan to unnecessary surgery.
- Nevertheless, experts say, the use of MRI scans often leads to unnecessary surgery.