turkey hen meaning
1. A guinea-hen (obsolete)
2. A female turkey
- the grandmother raised her head like a parched old turkey hen crying for water.
- turkey hens lay eighty to one hundred eggs in a season
- Turkey hens like to lay a clutch of eggs and then sit on them until they hatch.
- Guinea fowl had been brought to England by Turkish traders, and the English called them turkey hens and turkey cocks.
- Turkeyhen Run was so named by a group of hunters from Virginia, who to their dismay, caught only a turkey hen.