Cyclical movement of a body part that can represent either a physiologic process or a manifestation of disease. Intention or action tremor,a common manifestation of CEREBELLAR DISEASES,is aggravated by movement. In contrast,resting tremor is maximal when there is no attempt at voluntary movement,and occurs as a relatively frequent manifestation of PARKINSON DISEASE.
- she was in a tremor of delight all afternoon.
- he had a mild nervous tremor.
- mr. lindsay faced the difficulties without a tremor.
- a tremor ran through him.
- scobie thought with a tremor of self-disgust.