top fermentation meaning
Noun: top fermentation
- A violent kind of alcoholic fermentation at a temperature high enough to carry the yeast cells to the top of the fermenting liquid; used in the production of ale
"top fermentation uses a yeast that ferments at higher temperatures than that used for bottom fermentation"
Derived forms: top fermentations
Type of: ferment, fermentation, fermenting, zymolysis, zymosis
- fermentation: Noun: fermentation ...
- alcoholic fermentation: noun (biology)&nb ...
- bottom fermentation: Noun: bottom ferme ...
- the method used at orval is known as top fermentation
- In his capacity with the brewery, he writes a column every month, " Top Fermentation ".
- -Queen's Ale : Queens s ale is premium pale ale beer which made by top fermentation way and triple hopping process.
- Boisset is interested in small production wines that are made utilizing Burgundian winemaking techniques, including the use of pigeage, open-top fermentation, and terroir.