Noun: thalamus (thalami) thalumus
- Large egg-shaped structures of grey matter that form the dorsal subdivision of the diencephalon
Derived forms: thalami
Type of: neural structure
Paired bodies containing mostly gray substance and forming part of the lateral wall of the third ventricle of the brain. The thalamus represents the major portion of the diencephalon and is commonly divided into cellular aggregates known as nuclear groups. n
- it is divided into two parts, the lateral and medial thalamus.
- the thalamus is the brain's major center for processing sensory information.
- it is divided into two parts, the lateral and medial thalamus
- ventrolateral nucleus of thalamus
- dorsal thalamus thalamus