- A projection at the end of a piece of wood that is shaped to fit into a mortise and form a mortise joint
Derived forms: tenons
Type of: projection
The projecting end of a piece of wood, or other material, which is reduced in cross section, so that it may be inserted in a corresponding cavity (mortise) in another piece in order to form a secure joint. Also see mortise-and-tenon joint.
A tonguelike projection from the end of a framing member which is made to fit into a mortise.
- parallel shank tools-driving tenons and sockets-dimensions
- mechanical tooling for wood . cutters for tenon . dimensions
- specification for tee slots, tee bolts, tee nuts and tenons
- driving tenons and sockets for parallel shank tools-dimensions
- bell-shaped face cutters with tenon drive