Noun: tea tee
- A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water
"iced tea is a cooling drink"
- char [Brit], cha [Brit]
- [Brit] A light midafternoon meal of tea and sandwiches or cakes
"an Englishman would interrupt a war to have his afternoon tea"
- afternoon tea [Brit], teatime [Brit]
- A tropical evergreen shrub or small tree extensively cultivated in e.g. China and Japan and India; source of tea leaves
"tea has fragrant white flowers"
- Camellia sinensis
- A reception or party at which tea is served
"we met at the Dean's tea for newcomers"
- Dried leaves of the tea shrub; used to make tea
"the store shelves held many different kinds of tea"; "they threw the tea into Boston harbour"
- tea leaf
Derived forms: teas
Part of: genus Camellia
• There is some tea on the floor.
• Is that tea on your pants leg?
Transportation Engineering Agency
The infusion of leaves of CAMELLIA SINENSIS (formerly Thea sinensis) as a beverage,the familiar Oriental tea,which contains CATECHIN (especially epigallocatechin gallate) and CAFFEINE. n
a : a shrub (Camellia sinensis of the family Theaceae, the tea family) cultivated esp. in China, Japan, and the East Indies
b : the prepared and cured leaves, leaf buds, and internodes of the tea plant
2 : a mildly stimulating aromatic beverage prepared from tea leaves by infusion with boiling water
3 : any of various plants resembling tea in properties; also : an infusion of their leaves used medicinally or as a beverage
- in a nutshell, it was not my cup of tea.
- well, mr. wang you are a tea connoisseur.
- give up our tea break ? no way!
- the slopes of the hills were planted tea bushes.
- zhejiang is known as the land of tea of our country.