A genus of CALLITRICHINAE consisting of 22 species and found in Panama as well as South America. Species seen most frequently in the literature are S. oedipus (cotton-top marmoset),S. nigricollis,and S. fusicollis.
- The Tropical Rainforest Habitat is home to exotic cotton top tamarins.
- But at Poco das Antas, the tamarin is coming back.
- Later, primatologists discovered there were 300 tamarins in the area.
- The tamarins'worst enemies include deadly viruses and forest fires.
- It is not known if tamarins were killed in the fire.